Facebook Badge

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Proteins and fats made simple

I watch television shows from time to time that talk about nutrition and diets.  And I’m sure you must be confused about what to eat and what to avoid.  Everyone is telling you something different.  Well I like to keep things simple......probably because I’m a pretty simple guy.  I like to break food down into three categories: processed food, carb food, or protein/fat food.  In the last post I put up I defined what three types of food fell into the carb food category.  Today I’ll go through and you’ll understand which foods fall under the protein/fat food category.

It’s pretty simple, the following foods are protein/fat foods:
  • Animal foods (meat, fish, dairy, eggs, butter)
  • Nuts/seed
  • Oils (olive oil, coconut oil, etc)
  • Legumes
Not too hard to remember right.  Take a look at what you eat and see how often do you consume a protein/fat food?  Over the next couple days actually take note of all the times you eat, how many times does a meal contain a protein/fat food?  On the next post I will go through and explain to you how to combine carb foods with protein/fat foods to help you feel satisfied after you eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment