Facebook Badge

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Are you responsible?

Later this week I’m heading down south for my honeymoon, I wanted to go on a few different supplements to decrease my chances of picking up any critters while I’m down there (a very frequent occurrence for people traveling).   One of the supplements I went on was a pro-biotic. I had some left over from about a year and a half back when I went to a nutritionist to get his help with a few different issues I was having. 
After being on the pro-biotic for a few days I developed a canker sore (typically I only get these when I come into contact with anything with gluten or wheat).   Thanks to my very intelligent wife’s suggestion I read the ingredients list and it had both wheat and soy in it.  After going off the supplement for 4 days the canker is almost gone. 

What does any of this have to do with responsibility?  Well the nutritionist had done food intolerance testing on me and knew I was VERY intolerant to wheat and soy, yet he sold me a supplement that contained both.   I’m a saying he was a bad at his job, no, defiantly not, he made a mistake.  But the important lesson to learn from this is to always be responsible for what you’re putting into your body.  I should have been reading the label of everything I put into my body, even if some other professional was saying it was safe for me I should have made sure that is was.  In reality this was a much bigger mistake on my part than his. 
We have so much information at our finger tips it’s very easy to do research yourself and get the information you need to make your own decisions about our health.  Don’t just follow the latest diet, take the latest shake or supplement, or start taking a medication without educating yourself first.  Actually research and see if what someone is saying actually makes sense and if it is right for you. 
Most of the stuff that health professionals are selling is complete garbage, so you have to be careful to protect your own health and not waste your hard earned cash on products that aren’t going to improve your health.  Always take responsibility for your own health and don’t take anyone’s word as the gospel truth.   For more free information check out our websites free resource section at  http://www.peak-personaltraining.com/resources.html. 

No comments:

Post a Comment