Facebook Badge

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Having problems focusing?

It’s a very common problem these days; most clients that come to me have problems focusing, problems falling asleep because their mind is busy, and problems relaxing on vacation.  Their minds are go-go-go all the time, they can’t just relax.  I can relate, it’s something that I really work on all the time, I’m even working on it as I write this post, my mind wants to wander to the next thing I have on my to-do list this morning.  I love my work and I think about it all the time, even though I love what I do this isn’t good for the stress levels. 

Here is a quick technique I use to help my mind try to relax that you can do almost anywhere.  Take a deep breath in through your nose, and make sure you are doing belly breathing (diaphragm) and as you slowly breath out through the nose hum for the entire breath out.  Really pay attention to the vibration you feel from the humming, and try to feel it go through your body.  Do 5-30 breaths slowly humming every time you breathe out.  Try to just focus on your breathing and the vibration feeling from the humming.  If your mind wanders just bring it back to one of those two sensations.  It might seem a little silly, but it will help you to focus and you will feel much more relaxed within just a minute or two of doing this.

If you’re still having problems falling asleep or relaxing and need more help I invite you to book a free consultation with us today.  Just shoot us and email at info@peak-personaltraining.com or give us a call at (613) 818-5334.

No comments:

Post a Comment