Facebook Badge

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Do you have a food intolerance you don’t know about?

           When I start discussing with groups food intolerances I usually get the same response all the time.  All ask everyone in the group how many people have a food they’re intolerant to, usually only one or two hands go up.  Often NO hands go up.  Most of the people say how happy they are that they aren’t intolerant to gluten, milk, etc.  In actuality we are all intolerant to different food, to varying degrees.  Most people ask, how do I know if I’m intolerant to food? Symptoms that can likely mean you are consuming food you’re intolerant to include three basic types: Skin, respiratory, and GI tract.  Skin symptoms include: dermatitis, eczema, hives, frequent skin rashes.  Respiratory symptoms include: Nasal congestion, sinusitis, asthma, frequent coughing.  GI symptoms include: mouth ulcers (such as canker sores), abdominal cramp, nausea, gas, belching, intermittent diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome. 

            Take a look at that list and ask yourself if you’ve been having problems with any of those frequently.  Personally I used to get canker soars really badly every since I was a little kid off and on.  Once I figured out I was intolerant to gluten and eliminated it from my diet, they disappeared along with loads of other symptoms within a few weeks.  Stay tuned for more information about how you can figure out which foods are likely causing your problems.   If you are having digestional issues please contact us to book a free consultation today to see how we can help at info@peak-personaltraining.com.  Or check out our website for more information to help your digestion at http://www.peak-personaltraining.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment